Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2nd, raised beds





Okay, I've missed a couple of weeks. Things are going well! This weekend we used cilantro in the spanish rice, made pesto with basil, and froze a WHOLE bunch of fresh oregano, which will keep us supplied with oregano for about a year. Next time I'll dry it. Not much else to report on the raised beds...I moved the peppers to the Biointensive bed since the delicata squash was blocking almost all the sunlight. There is zucchini on the other side of the squash but you can't see it! It was slow for a while but now it looks like it might actually pull through. I'm going to start basil, cilantro, and parsley seeds this week in pots and in the ground, just to see which way works out best. I also plan to start using the chard and arugula in salads, I've let them just sit there for too long since we get a lovely salad mix from our CSA.

No comments: