Monday, February 12, 2007

mysterious root veggie


mysterious root veggie
Originally uploaded by wbajzek.
I signed up for Planet Organics a few weeks ago and so far have been very happy with it. The mid-size box is about the right size for us, assuming we are preparing a reasonable amount of food at home. I do think that the produce costs more than if I were to just buy it at the local produce market, AND we've actually been eating out MORE, but our overall food spending is way down because I have been trying to figure out what to do with all of this food that arrives each week. I have more home-cooked lunches at work, healthier meals at home, fruit smoothies for breakfast, and when I do have meals out, they feel a bit more special than when they are no longer then norm.

It's been pretty successful so far. However, they do throw me occasional curve balls. There was no itemized receipt in our last shipment, and they sent me this thing. Does anybody know what it is or what to do with it? Not me. But I am determined to find out.

No comments: